Maria Credidio was born in Terranova da Sibari (CS) in 1957. She completed his artistic studies in 1978. Versatile artist and researcher, she conducted intense and appreciated experimentation of the best post-war painting. She participated in numerous Italian and European art exhibitions. Her graphic and pictorial work followed a coherent path in synthony with the expressions of the art of the ‘900. Well-known critics took an interest in her art, such as the famous Paolo Levi, who wrote: ”… in its inventive process, the determination strikes in facing space as an open path, at the same time undefined …” Her works are found in important art centres and museums, we mention only some:
- Spazio THETIS – Arsenale, Venice, Italy;
- Museo MAON, Rende – Cosenza, Italy;
- Civico Museo Parisi-Valle Maccagno, Varese, Italy;
- Museo LIMEN ARTE, Vibo Valentia, Italy;
- Museo MACA, Acri – Cosenza, Italy;
- Museo Civico d’Arte Contemporanea, Praia a Mare – Cosenza, Italy;
- BANCARTIS Collezione d’arte contemporanea , BCC, Rende – Cosenza, Italy;
- BANCART’E Collezione d’arte contemporanea , BCC, Livorno, Italy.
Maria Credidio is included in the catalogue Arte Moderna dal Secondo dopoguerra ad Oggi n. 38 Editoriale Giorgio Mondadori.
Maria distinguished herself in the varied artistic panorama of Southern Italy and subsequently at a national and European level for the multiplicity of her interests and the peculiarity of her incessant research. Her path developed from the abstract-informal beginnings to the most recent works of strong conceptual density. Maria Credidio is an artist complete, curator of exhibitions and cultural operator. She is active since the end of the 80’s, including hundreds of personal and collective exhibitions on the national and European territory. Among the events of great prestige to which Maria participated, we remember:
- Art Fair New York’s International ARTEXPO;
- Copenhagen International Contemporary Art Fair;
- 54a Biennale di Venezia.
- In 2001, after September 11 tragedy, Maria realized an installation “Kites from Kabul to New York” for a project of Peace in New York Manhattan 34th Street
- Maria Credidio gave painting and ceramics lessons to Cambridge and Harvard University students.
- In 2007 Maria received an encomium from the President of the Italian Republic, Mr. Giorgio Napolitano, and from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs UAMA of Rome, Italy, for her constant artistic and cultural commitment.
- In July 2008, her work acquired by the local authority of Santa Severina – Crotone, has been awarded to the Nobel laureate Lech Walesa.
- In the same year, the local authority of her town of birth awarded her a gold medal for her continued commitment and her innovative art.